Council of WNY Inc.
P.O. Box 361
Buffalo, NY 14201
Welcome to the Hispanic Heritage District page
Thanks to our many generous sponsors who have made possible the historic amenities on our Avenida San Juan / Hispanic Heritage District.
Click to view our many sponsors!
Story behind the mural at 585 Niagara Street and hear from the artist and local partners who made the project possible:
#AKPublicArt Spotlight: Betsy Casanas *If the video doesn't load within this page, click this link.
WATCH: Follow along with the creation of Betsy Casanas's #AKPublicArt mural at 585 Niagara Street and hear from the artist and local partners who made the project possible.
Posted by Albright-Knox Art Gallery on Tuesday, November 28, 2017
This mural was designed by Philadelphia-based artist, community activist, and educator Betsy Casañas. Casañas was invited by the Albright-Knox's Public Art Initiative, the Hispanic Heritage Council, and the Rich Family Foundation to create a mural celebrating the significance of the contributions made by the region's Hispanic... (to continue reading)
We also have these news clips and other media items:
- VIDEO: Albright Knox Art Gallery Community Art Project (November 2017)
- VIDEO: Unveiling of Hispanic History Landmarks WGRZ TV2 (November 2017)
- VIDEO: Hispanic Heritage Council 2016-2017 Recap
- "The Public" / DailyPublic.com news article & photo "Hispanic heritage mural unveiled" (August 2017)
- Buffalo News article on Hispanic heritage mural unveiling on Buffalo's West Side (August 26, 2017)
- Buffalo News article on Hispanic Heritage District & designation for Niagara Street to be Avenida San Juan (July 22, 2013)
- VIDEO: Niagara Street Vision Discussed with Residents & Business Community (from 2012)
THE PAGE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION, SO PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE UPDATES.
"Whatever we accomplish belongs to our entire group, a tribute to our combined effort." ~ Walt Disney